Greetings! We spend a lot of time promoting the band and writing songs, jet-setting around the galaxies in our inter-dimensional warp vehicles; but I've realized, you guys don't know much about us. Which is a shame, because under the layers of ego, celebrity and space warlord, we are genuine people, who at least try to care about human kind. The fact we haven't opened fire with the celestial lance stands as proof!
But I digest. Here are some quirky little factoids from a series I will be doing, exposing the sesame seedy underbelly of the band. I'm just gonna lay them out rapid fire and you can absorb them at your own pace and question what you thought you knew about the universe later. Here we go:
- Before forming the band with Jon in 2007, Adam played in death metal band A.D Massacre with Terra Australis guitarist Aaron
- Ben and Jon used to play in an after school jazz band, it was gay.
- Loki used to sing for Corpseraven featuring Matt from Aural Window and Rory from Brutonomy
- Matt only joined the band because he came along to the audition for Loki. Matt got the job because we asked him to play the solo from Freebird at double speed, and he goddam did!
- We first played alongside buddies Harlott and Orpheus Omega in the Emergenza battle of the bands in 2008.
- At the time of Matt's last show in December 2009, Ashes of An Astral Winter was still untitled and had only been fully rehearsed twice. It still contained the infamous "crack butterflies" spoken word part.
- Loki has performed in a Borat style mankini and once received a littering fine and a stern word from the police after throwing a hamburger from a moving car at another car. He hit a brand new commodore club sport, black and recently washed. The driver was not impressed.
And that concludes part one of our little trivia session. So, until next time, keep your ear to the ground and your eyes on stars and soon enough you'll have a crook neck.